Thursday, September 3, 2020

Blue Eyes

 She sat in the rocking chair with her baby cradled in her arms rocking back and forth.. 

Hush, little baby don't say a word, mamma's gonna buy you a mocking bird.  And, if that mocking bird won't sing, mamma's gonna buy you a diamond ring. 

Jesus loves me this I know...  

She would sing and sing to her little one. 

Elton John came out with a song and she loved the melody and because the song was about blue eyes, and her daughter had the most beautiful blue eyes ever, she wanted to sing that song for her.  She didn't know the words though. So, she would just sing, blue eyes, babies got blue eyes, and hum the rest.  

Years later she would look up the lyrics to the song and sit and cry her eyes out.


Blue eyes
Baby's got blue eyes
Like a deep blue sea
On a blue blue day
Blue eyes
Baby's got blue eyes
When the morning comes
I'll be far away
And I say
Blue eyes holding back the tears
Holding back the pain
Baby's got blue eyes
And she's alone
Again
Blue eyes
Baby's got blue eyes
Like a clear blue sky
Watching over me
Blue eyes
Ooh I love blue eyes
When I'm by her side
Where I long to be
I will see
Blue eyes laughing

No comments:

Post a Comment